The UK, and the wider world, is caught in the middle of a difficult situation at the moment.
We are living through a climate emergency, where significant work needs to be done to reduce our carbon output if we are to protect the planet. On the other side, however, energy prices are soaring amidst the cost of living crisis, meaning that many people’s immediate focus is on what’s cheaper, rather than what’s necessarily most sustainable.
Insulation, however, is one of the few things that can happily tick both boxes.
Not only does insulating your home provide fantastic energy bill savings, as we discussed here – Is Home Insulation Worth It? The Facts – but it also provides amazing benefits for the environment too.
Reducing Your Carbon Footprint Through Insulation
By reducing heat loss from the home, insulation removes the reliance on gas or electricity-powered central heating, which reduces your carbon footprint at the same time.
Energy Saving Trust figures have shown the following impact:
- External/Solid Wall Insulation – Can reduce carbon output by 1490kg per year (along with £490 of savings)
- Cavity Wall Insulation – Can reduce carbon output by 1500kg per year (along with £250 of savings)
- Loft Insulation – Can reduce carbon output by 125kg per year (along with £250 of savings)
By insulating your property, alongside other energy efficiency measures such as double glazed windows & heat pumps, you can make your home much more sustainable, green, and comfortable.
Here at Westville, we’ve long been champions for the environment and insulation, but we recognise we need to look at ourselves as much as our customers’ homes.
As part of our “Planet Protect” scheme, we have made a number of commitments to the environment, as we strive to significantly reduce our carbon emissions and the waste that we generate.
These goals include:
- Transitioning our fleet of vans to electric, rather than fossil-fuelled
- Going digital, reducing the amount of paper that we use
- Increasing recycling, and cutting landfill waste
- Educating our employees on what they can do for the environment#
o find out more, please visit our Planet Protect page.
For more information regarding home insulation, or what you can do to help the environment, please don’t hesitate to contact the friendly Westville team who will be more than happy to help.