Save on your bills.
External wall insulation could save you up to £460 on your yearly utility bills!
Minimal disruption, installed by our expert team at a time convenient to you!
Transform your home.
Not only insulate your home, but choose from a wide range of finishes to improve the look of your home!
External Wall Insulation (EWI)
Is the outside of your home looking somewhat neglected, tired and in need of a little renovation? Does it feel cold in the winter or suffer from damp, mould or mildew? Would you like to save around £460 a year on your utility bills? If the answer is “YES”, then you really should be considering our 25 year guaranteed External Wall Insulation, which solves all three in one simple solution!
External Wall Insulation Benefits:
Insulating your external has many benefits, including:
1. EWI can reduce heating bills by reducing heat loss through walls
2. EWI helps to prevent damp & mould
3. You use less fossil fuel, reducing carbon emissions
4. EWI raises the temperature of internal walls, reducing condensation
5. The thermal efficiency of walls can be increased by 85%
What is External Wall Insulation?
External wall insulation involves fixing a layer of insulation material to the external walls of your property. This is then covered with reinforcement and a special type of render. The final process utilises a wide choice of textured finishes, brick slips or brick effect render to transform the look of your property. However, the real benefits are how warm your home will feel, and how much money you will save on your energy bills!
Why insulate your external walls?
Lack of proper insulation you could be causing a loss of up to 35%-45% of your heat through your walls. According to the Energy Savings Trust, this can result in you paying an extra £460 towards your yearly utility bills. External wall insulation – also known as solid wall insulation – can change that dramatically. Not only does installing external wall insulation on your property save you money, it can also substantially transform the look of your home.
External wall insulation grants
Grants are accessible via the Government through various energy companies and are potentially available to all home-owners throughout the UK. A major advantage of utilising Westville is that we can access funding directly to help minimise the cost of your solid wall insulation project, with some people even qualifying for free home insulation. Westville’s easy, hassle-free, grant application process, ensures all the necessary paperwork is completed by our experienced team, with little or no inconvenience to the homeowner.
Is my home/property suitable for External Wall Insulation?
- House/Property built before 1920: Yes. If your property has solid walls. If your property was built before the 1920s external wall insulation is will more than likely be the most suitable choice of insulation for you. You may need to apply for planning permission depending on the location of your property.
- Terraced House/Property: If your terrace property has solid walls, external wall insulation can be installed and start saving you money on your energy bills.
- Victorian House/Property: External wall insulation is suitable for both Victorian and Edwardian houses as they are unlikely to have a cavity. You may need to apply for planning permission if the property is listed or situated in a conservation area.
- Timber-framed House/Property: There is an external wall insulation type that is suitable for timber-framed houses.
- New build House/Property: Typically, a new build property shouldn’t need insulation. The majority of new-builds are built with insulation boarding between the internal and external walls.
Potential EWI Savings
- Detached: A detached property can often save around £425 on their annual energy bills.
- Mid-Terrace: A mid-terrace property can often save around £160 on their annual energy bills.
- Semi-Detached: A semi-detached property can often save around £225 on their annual energy bills.
- Bungalow: A bungalow property can often save around £175 on their annual energy bills.
*Cornerstone estimate based on standard property sizes
*Figures from the Energy Saving Trust, based on insulating a gas-heated home
Westville utilise a number of internal and external products in the provision of our insulation work. In order to ensure we select the right methods of insulation, we consider it vital to fully understand your individual needs and your property construction. Our process always starts with an initial consultation, either over the phone or via email in the first instance. Based on this assessment we will help you make an informed choice on the solution that best meets your needs. Following this, we’ll progress to a full survey where we will assess your properties suitability for the different products available. The next stage is providing a guideline on price, and looking at any potential insulation grants that may be available. Only when you are fully informed and happy will we arrange a suitable date for the work to be carried out.
How is the work carried out?
Our insulation process is designed to be as hassle free as possible. Following an assessment of suitability, we will agree with you an installation date convenient to both parties. Our first stage is to erect scaffolding in order to access all the relevant parts of your home. This allows our experienced installation team to lay base tracks and insulation boards, which are then covered in specialised mesh and rendered. This process can be a little dusty and noisy, however our team are specifically trained to minimise this disruption. This is evident in the many awards Westville have won for our customer care ethos. The final stage is to apply a finishing product, which is selected from a large choice of applications to suit your tastes, giving your property an amazing new look.
Interested or need more information?
Please call today on 0800 1583605 for help, advice, or to simply arrange a mutually convenient appointment. Alternatively, why not make an initial enquiry by completing our online get in touch form.
Get in touch with our friendly team today on: 0800 1583605 and we will help you every step of the way.