The UK Government Has Allocated £2 Billion of Home Improvement Funding
What does this mean?
It means some homeowners can receive up to £10k of home improvements.
Who is eligible?
Everyone is eligible for up to two-thirds of the costs, capped at £5,000. However, if you’re on income support, you are eligible for vouchers of up to the value of £10,000.
How do the grants work?
In order for you to receive the grant, you must have at least 1 primary measure installed (if you opt for a secondary measure this cannot exceed the cost of the primary measure).
The primary measures are:
- Room in the roof
- Internal wall insulation
- External wall insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
- Under floor
- Insulation for park homes
The secondary measures are:
- First time double or triple glazing or secondary glazing
- Front doors if they are older than 2002
- ‘Smart’ Thermostat control and heating system insulation
How to apply for this grant
- Select an installer that is a member of the IAA (Westville is)
- To apply for your vouchers, you need to go to https://www.simpleenergyadvice.org.uk/
- Select your primary and/or secondary measures
- Receive your voucher naming your installer
- Contact your installer to arrange your install
- Your Installer then issues your guarantee
It really is that simple. Better yet, Westville can help you every step of the way if you’d like a helping hand.
You can find out more about the new Government grant below. If the home improvement measures above are what you’re after, then please get in touch with Westville today.